Alpha Chi of the Week: Elena Grace Smith Year : Senior Hometown : Munford, TN Major : Agriculture Leadership Education Minor : International Agriculture and Natural Resources.
1. Why did you choose Alpha Chi? Alpha Chi was the very first house I walked into on the first day of recruitment. At the time, I did not know that I would be talking to my future Big in my future home. It was love at first sight. I was obsessed with the house and the sisters and everything that Alpha Chi stood for. The morals and ethics and values of Alpha Chi mirror mine perfectly and I cannot not imagine calling another chapter my home.
2. What has been your favorite Alpha Chi memory so far? My favorite Alpha Chi memory so far is most definitely the FRIENDS sisterhood event. I am obsessed with Friends and coffee and my chapter, so it was honestly the perfect day.
3. What are some activities you are involved in on campus? I am actually the recruitment and communications assistant for my college as well as the intern for international programs on the Agriculture Campus. I am also super involved in collegiate FFA and the Walk at Sevier Heights Church.
4. Why is your celebrity crush? Like my actually celebrity crush? Probably Ryan Reynolds. Honestly though, I’ve got the biggest girl crush on Lauren Akins because she is my role model. I’m way more obsessed with Lauren Atkins than any other celebrity.
5. What is your favorite song? Any Frank Sinatra song ever. I play his record everyday. My all time favorite is probably "The Way You Look Tonight" and cry every time I hear it.
6. What is your dream job? I am so passionate about empowering women and children-especially through education. My dream job would be to work in developing countries educating communities on sustainable agriculture practices to ensure future food security. Ultimately if families aren't concerned with where their next meal will come from they are more likely to allow their children to go to school and get an education. I want nothing more than to eradicate hunger and empower young women and children overseas and in America.
Why is Elena, Alpha Chi Omega to you?
1. "Elena made me fall in love with Alpha Chi Omega during recruitment. She was the first girl I talked to in the house and now I am lucky enough to call her my big. She is the most selfless, loving, and supportive woman I have ever met (and it is just a bonus that her dance moves are A+!) She goes out of her way to make others feel important and is a prime example of what an Alpha Chi Omega woman should look like. I am so thankful to not only call her a sister, but a friend for life." - Jordan Cronin
2. "Elena is one of the kindest and coolest girls Alpha Chi has to offer and that is saying something because we have a lot of great gals. She is selfless and helps everyone out in anyway that she can. She reached out to me as an incoming member and helped make sure I was welcomed and included during my first few weeks. She has the most compassionate heart and I am so thankful for a friend liker her." - Karlie Jeffers
3. "Elena is one of the most thoughtful people I’ve ever met. She makes people feel so welcomed and like they have a role in the chapter. She appreciates people so well, always putting others first. She is a constant representation of Christ’s love through her selflessness and she makes it so easy to love her. She is beauty. She is grace. She’s Ms. Elena Smith." - Maddie Webb
4. “Elena has proven to be such a huge blessing to me, as well as our other sisters. Her genuine love and caring attitude towards others is inspiring. Elena always has a smile on her face and has challenged me daily to become a better person. Her positive attitude and out look on life makes you feel determined when trying to achieve your dreams. She is someone you can always call on in times of need and will help in any sort of the way. Not only is she my grand big and sister, but she is one of my closest friends. I am so blessed to be able to sit and have coffee with her weekly and talk about relationships with people and the Lord. I look up to Elena for she is an amazing image of an Alpha Chi Omega.” - Natalie Goatz
5. “I’m so lucky to call Elena my friend. She has a selfless soul and is such a light to our chapter. My day truly becomes better when I see her because she's full of positivity.. We can always have honest and respectful conversations with each other and I appreciate that about Elena. It's not always easy to find someone you can openly talk to, but she is never judgmental and is always supportive of everyone. Our chapter is so incredibly lucky to have Elena.” - Priscilla Piper
6. "Elena is easily the most genuine person I have ever met. She makes everyone feel welcome and is such an easy person to be around. She is searching after adventure and it is so fun to see where life takes her. She is always upbeat and can make you forget about the bad day you've had or she will sit with you and let you talk about it until you feel better. Her love for other people shows through her relationships and it has been so fun growing closer with her and getting to call her one of my sisters." - Madison Schuster
7. “One thing I first noticed about Elena is how confident she is in herself. Elena always steps up to be a leader in any situation and takes on that role and goes beyond the call of duty with it. She is so intentional about making sure everybody feels special and included. She strives to be a role model for everybody she meets, and I am so grateful that I get to look up to her. ” - Amanda Cooper